Incident Safety Officer
2 Day Academy
This course is an in-depth, fast-paced class that focuses on the knowledge and experience elements required of an effective ISO. It gives participants the opportunity for situational exercises and scenario practice. The ISO Academy is an excellent tool to help participants prepare for the FDSOA ISO Certification Exam. The course is ideal for any fire officer newly appointed as a Safety Officer or likely to fill the Incident Safety Officer role.
Recommended Text - Fire Department Incident Safety Officer, 3rd Edition. David W. Dodson
(Available for $120 when you register for an Academy)
- Up-to-date information on Incident Safety Officers' issues and trends.
- Designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 1521 (2015 std), as it relates to Incident Safety Officer.
- Provides KSA’s for Reading Buildings, Smoke, Risk, Hazardous Energy, and Firefighters.
- Covers preventing Firefighter injuries through effective “Prehab” and "Rehab".
- The challenges of interacting with the IC on scene.
- The ISO Action Model.
- Video clip review from various types of incidents.
- Group activities and scenario practice
Skill Sheet Requirement
With the new NFPA Standard, the Pro Board now requires the student to complete six (6) randomly assigned Skills Sheets and the 100-question exam. A Pro Board certificate will not be issued until the Affidavit is on file.
- The student will need to print the Affidavit from the link below – on the affidavit will be six (6) randomly assigned skill sheets the student must complete. The student must complete only these six (6).
- The list of skill sheets can be found in the below link. The Student will print the six (6) assigned to them and complete only those six (6).
- The student must return only the signed Affidavit to our office once a Chief Officer signs off on the skills sheets.
- A Pro Board certificate will not be issued until the signed Affidavit is on file.